Python Interview Questions: Are you looking for a python job? If you want to work with python you need to really work hard. Python covers a wide range of skills associated with Python. Python is the second most demanded language and also python skills provides the highest average salary. With the such a rise in Big Data and Data Science, Python developers are in high demand as the data scientists especially due to the fact that python can be easily integrated into the web applications to do all the tasks which require machine learning. So if you are trying to get the job with Python skills you need to be thorough with your knowledge.
In the interview, you will get questions that you need to answer properly. So below are the Python Interview questions and answers that you can refer before going for the interviews.
Python Programming Interview Questions and Answers
Below I have listed some of the top python questions and answers that can be asked in the interviews. So if you are preparing for the python interview then also go through these python programming questions
- What is Python?
Python is a general-purpose, object-oriented, high-level and interpreted dynamic programming language. Python is simple and an easy to learn syntax that emphasises readability and also reduces the cost of the program maintenance. Python interpreter, as well as the extensive standard library, are all available in source or in the binary form without charge for all other major platforms and it can be freely distributed as well.
2. Name some of the features of Python.
Below are the features of the python:
- Python can support structured as well as functional programming methods and also OOP.
- Python supports the automatic garbage collection.
- Python can be easily integrated with the languages such as Java, C, COM, C++ and CORBA
- Python provides a high-level dynamic data types and also supports the dynamic type checking.
- Python can be used as the scripting language or also it can be compiled to the byte code for building the large applications.
3. What is the purpose of PYTHONPATH environment variable?
PythonPath Variable has a similar role just like PATH. This python variable tells python interpreter about where to locate the module files that are imported into a program. This variable is sometimes preset by the Python installer. This python variable also includes the python source library directory and also the directory and all the directories containing the python source code.
4. What is the purpose of PYTHONSTARTUP environment variable?
PYTHONSTARTUP – This python variable contains the path of the initialization file that contains the source code. This is executed everytime you start the interpreter. This is named as the pythonrc.py in Unix.
5. What is the purpose of PYTHONCASEOK environment variable?
This python variable is used in the Windows to instruct the Python to find the first case-insensitive match in an import statement. To activate this variable, set this variable to any value.
6. What is the purpose of PYTHONHOME environment variable?
It is an alternative module to the search path. This variable is embedded in PythonPath or PythonStartup directories to make the switching module libraries quite easy.
7. Is python a case sensitive language?
Yes, Python is case sensitive language just like C language.
8. What are the supported data types in Python?
Python has 5 types of supported data types in Python as listed below:
9. What will be the output of print str if str = ‘Hello World!’?
The output of this will be “Hello World”.
10. What will be the output of print str if str = ‘Hello World!’?
In the output it will print the first alphabet “H”.
11. What will be the output of print str[2:5] if str = ‘Hello World!’?
In this, it will print characters from 3rd to 5th i.e. “llo”
12. What will be the output of print str[2:] if str = ‘Hello World!’?
The output will be starting from 3rd character i.e. “llo”.
13. What is the output of print str * 2 if str = ‘Hello World!’?
In this it the string will be printed two times in output: “Hello World!Hello World!”
14. What is the output of print str + “TEST” if str = ‘Hello World!’?
In output concatenated string will be printed i.e. “Hello World!TEST”
15. What is the output of print list if list = [ ‘abcd’, 786 , 2.23, ‘john’, 70.2 ]?
The output will be “abcd’, 786 , 2.23, ‘john’, 70.2”.
16. What is the output of print list if list = [ ‘abcd’, 786 , 2.23, ‘john’, 70.2 ]?
In this, the first element will be printed i.e. “abcd”.
17. What is the output of print list[1:3] if list = [ ‘abcd’, 786 , 2.23, ‘john’, 70.2 ]?
In this elements will be printed from 2nd to 3rd i.e. “786, 2.23”
18. What will be the output of print list[2:] if list = [ ‘abcd’, 786 , 2.23, ‘john’, 70.2 ]?
The output will be “2.23, ‘john’, 70.200000000000003”
19. What is the output of print tinylist * 2 if tinylist = [123, ‘john’]?
The output that will be printed is “123, ‘john’, 123, ‘john.’
20. What are tuples in Python?
Just like List, a tuple is the another type of sequence data type. A tuple consists of the number of values that are separated by commas.
So these were the top 20 Python Interview Questions. All those who are preparing for the python interview should also check these questions to crack the interviews and get their dream job. Also if you want to read about SAS interview questions and answers or big data interview questions and answers you can also check from here. For any query, you can also leave a comment below.