Big Data Tutorial pdf, Big Data Analytics pdf: Hello everyone, today we are going to give you a brief about big data in a very simpler way and also below is the big data tutorial provided which you can download too. So before we start to talk about what is big data, first we need to understand what ‘data’ is. Data is defined as “The quantities, characters, or symbols on which operations are performed by a computer, which may be stored and transmitted in the form of electrical signals and recorded on magnetic, optical, or mechanical recording media. ”
Big data is also a type of data but as its name suggests it is a large amount or “huge”. Big data is a collection of data that is growing every second. When the data is so huge that regular data management tools are not able to manage the swhole data collected then there is a need for big data tools. So now let’s move to the categories of big data.
Big data can be found in 3 forms
- Unstructured Data
- Structured Data
- Semi-Structured Data
The data that are stored in a particular format and can also be accessed in the same format then the data recovered is structured data. The data which is not in any format is classified as the unstructured data. Semi-structured data is a type of data that has both structured as well as unstructured.
Download Big Data Tutorial pdf
The big data analytics tutorial can be downloaded from the below-given link. Download the tutorial and learn in detail about the big data and its advantages, characteristics and also a basic detail is provided in the article also.
Characteristics of Big Data
The data can be characterised by 3Vs
- Volume: As the name suggests there is huge data that is collected and then processed further. As you, all will not be aware that the volume of data plays a very important role. And data is characterised as big data according to its volume/ size. So it is an important characteristic in defining big data.
- Variety: Variety of data means the different forms of data that are both structured and unstructured.
- Velocity: The velocity of data means the rate at which data is generated. It is also an important factor that at which speed data is generated and then processed that decides the usage of data accordingly.
- Variability: This refers to inconsistency in the data which hurdles the data handling and management.
Big Data Processing Benefits
The data generated is then processed, processing of data has different types of benefits such as:
- Better decision making: Big data is very useful for the organisations, as it enables them to make better decisions at management level. The data is generated through facebook, twitter, search engines and other social profiles that allow organisations to take decisions wisely.
- Better customer service: The companies and other management systems use the feedback system to know the mindset of their customers as it is one of the best tools to increase customers and satisfy them. But nowadays traditional feedback systems are replaced by the big data technologies. For this natural language processing technology and big data are used to evaluate consumer response.
- Identification of the risks to the product much earlier
- Operational Efficiency: Using big data operational efficiency can be made much better.
Applications of Big Data in Industries
There are various sectors which have already started using big data in their work and have simplified their work. And other sectors are also making way for big data. So below are some of the specific sectors that have big data in their work strategy.
- Communications, Media and Entertainment
- Manufacturing and Natural Resources
- Retail and Wholesale Trade
Big Data Challenges
With so many benefits of big data, there are also some challenges that are faced in big data, this is also a very of its being underutilised. Some of the major challenges of big data are below
- Cost Management
- Data Quality
- Lack of Talent
So this was a brief overview of the big data and its basics and the same big data basics pdf link is above to download. There is still a lot more to learn As apart from only big data there are also so many big data technologies which one should learn to have command over big data. One of the tools is Hadoop. To learn Hadoop download Hadoop tutorial for beginners from here. And to download big data tutorial for beginners pdf, the link is provided above
Also if you have any query regarding big data or anything else you can leave a comment below we will reply to you at the earliest.